WELCOME TO BADGER STATE CONSULTING
Welcome to Badger State Consulting. We are the experts in Electrical Consulting, AutoCad electrical design work, Commercial Inspection, and Electrical Code Training. We only staff the most experienced people to ensure everything will far surpass your expectations. We provide Electrical Consulting, Design, and inspection services throughout Wisconsin. If you’re unsure if we’re in your reach, worry not, give us a call and we’ll give you all the information you seek! We are Wisconsin State Certified Electrical Designers, Wisconsin State Certified Commercial Electrical Inspectors. We provide required Wisconsin lighting submittals prepared for commercial projects along with emergency lighting and egress plans using AutoCad software. We offer Certified Farm Inspection for Utility Rebates and programs and professional training for CEU credits.
Badger State Consulting’s design and inspection service provides electrical designs to meet today’s code requirements as well as customer needs. Lighting designs will meet Wisconsin Comm. 63 energy Requirements. Cad drawings as well as the required state submittals are also completed.
The state of Wisconsin has put reemphasis on commercial building general lighting and egress plans. New submittal requirements are in effect. All electrical design work is completed using the industry standard AutoCad software for all our work. We are also getting into BIM system development using AutoCad Revit software. We also provide complete one-line drawings, electrical load calculations and drawings for utility and inspection requirements. Badger State Consulting can complete Commercial electrical inspections for Code compliance. Badger State Consulting provides Electrical Code training including on-site seminars. All seminars have CEU credits for license renewal. We can also provide bid management for your electrical projects. Whatever your electrical consulting, design, and inspection needs, call Badger State Consulting today to discuss how we can help!
Have a code question? Send us an Email with your questions.
- New NFPA 70E regulations and the NEC 2017 require more information than a simple Warning Hazard label in past Codes.
- New ANSI Z535 labels must show the incident energy or the required PPE for each piece of equipment.
- Flash Hazard analysis must now be reviewed every 5 years or whenever a major modification or renovation occurs.
- Selective Coordination studies performed and documented as required by the NEC
NEWS & SEMINARS
The state of Wisconsin has put re-emphasis on commercial building general lighting and egress plans. New submittal requirements are in effect. Badger State Consulting can help.
- The New SPS-316 which adopts the 2017 NEC will go into effect August 1, 2017 for Commercial Buildings and 1 & 2 family dwellings built prior to 12/1/1978. DOWNLOAD IN RESOURCES.
- One & Two family changes will go into effect January 1, 2020.
- WISCONSIN LICENSING LAW WAS EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2014
- Statewide Commercial Electrical Inspections will also be required starting March 1, 2020. Anytime after March 1, 2019 you may be required to contact a Commercial Inspection Agency to secure an electrical permit and schedule inspections.
- 2015 IBC Commercial Building Codes took effect for projects built after May 1, 2018. Major changes in the 2015 IECC Energy Code. Lighting controls will be a major concern for electricians. Consult Badger State Consulting on your design build projects.
- Commercial Electrical Inspection Agencies start-up March 1, 2019.
- January 1, 2020 Statewide Commercial Electrical Inspection go into effect.
- BREAKING CODE SEMINARS SCHEDULED. Many SPS-316 & NEC 2018 Code seminars are scheduled around the State. Also contact your Electrical Supply House reps for customer seminars. Download "2018 Code Seminars" below for details.