News & Seminars
The State of Wisconsin has put re-emphasis on commercial building general lighting and egress plans. New submittal requirements are in effect. Badger State Consulting can help.
- The New SPS-316 which adopts the 2017 NEC will go into effect August 1, 2017, for Commercial Buildings and 1 & 2 family dwellings built prior to 12/1/1978. Download in resources.
- One & Two-family changes will go into effect January 1, 2020.
- Wisconsin's licensing law was in effect as of April 1, 2014
- Statewide Commercial Electrical Inspections will also be required starting March 1, 2020. Anytime after March 1, 2019, you may be required to contact a Commercial Inspection Agency to secure an electrical permit and schedule inspections.
- 2015 IBC Commercial Building Codes took effect for projects built after May 1, 2018. Major changes in the 2015 IECC Energy Code. Lighting controls will be a major concern for electricians. Badger State Consulting can help on your design-build projects.
- Commercial Electrical Inspection Agencies start-up March 1, 2019.
- January 1, 2020, Statewide Commercial Electrical Inspection go into effect.
- Download “2019 Winter Code Updates” below for details on classes scheduled. Also, contact your electrical supply house reps for customer seminars.
- Wisconsin requirements for building plan review and inspection are outlined in the resources section below. It's important to keep in mind that the state required building plan approval is separate from local permitting.
NOTICE ON UPCOMING BSC SCHEDULED TRAINING:
WPS 2019 FARM REWIRING CLASS
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Westwood Training Center
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Lunch provided, 6 CEU credits provided for License renewals
Ron Janikowski Instructor with WPS input
No Cost – contact Corey Kuchta (WPS Ag Rep) firstname.lastname@example.org for registration
Contact us for available programs and current rates.