BSC provides for personnel and structure safety by inspecting electrical and communication systems to ensure compliance with the adopted codes and regulations. As a Wisconsin Certified Electrical Inspection Agency, we serve and safeguard our community with pride and integrity.
- Commercial & Industrial State Certified Electrical Inspection Agency
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control Management
Attention Electricians, Building Officials and Contractors
See more information related on the News & Seminars page.
- August 1, 2018: 2017 NEC adopted for commercial structures.
- August 1, 2018: DSPS can begin accepting applications for registration as an electrical inspection agency.
- March 1, 2019: Only registered inspection agencies may provide plan review, permit issuance, or inspections.
- January 1, 2020: 2017 NEC adopted for one- and two- family dwellings. “One− and two− family dwellings” means any buildings that contain one or two dwelling units the construction of which commenced on or after December 1, 1978 per SPS 316.006(7). Effective August 1, 2018 the 2017 NEC will apply to any building that does not meet the definition of “one and two- family dwellings”.
- January 1, 2020: Statewide requirements for permits and inspections go into effect.
BSC offers resources and knowledge to maintain compliance.